Top StoriesView All
- Thailand’s Trafficking in Persons Report 2016
- 15th Asia Cooperation Dialogue (ACD) Ministerial Meeting
- H.R.H. Crown Prince Tupoutoʻa ʻUlukalala of Tonga paid respects to His Majesty King Bhumibol Adulyadej
- Prime Minister of the Republic of India laid a wreath to honor and paid respects to His Majesty King Bhumibol Adulyadej
Social & Cultural NewsView All
The 14th Thai Culture and Food Festival in MelbourneOn 5 February 2017, H.E. Mr. Chirachai Punkrasin, Ambassador of Thailand to Australia, and Mrs. Kanyaratana Punkrasin, spouse, attended the 14 Thai Culture and Food Festival 2017 at the Federation Square, Melbourne. Mrs. Tessa Sullivan, Councillor of Melbourne City Council, and Ambassador of Thailand to Australia kindly gave remarks during the opening ceremony. This year Festival is organized as a special tribute to His Majesty King Bhumibol Adulyadej of Thailand and his achievements. Throughout his 70-year reign, His Majesty had worked tirelessly to improve the livelihood of the Thai people across the nation.
Thailand won Sweden’s Grand Travel Award for Tourist Destination of the Year 2017On 16 February 2017, Mr. Kiattikhun Chartprasert, Ambassador of Thailand to Sweden together with Ms. Pakkanan Winijchai, Director of Tourism Authority of Thailand in Stockholm received Sweden’s Grand Travel Award 2017 for Tourist Destination of the Year which Thailand and Australia were selected as the winners
Ambassador of Thailand to Sri Lanka presents a financial assistance from the Royal Thai Government to Minister of Foreign Affairs of Sri Lanka as the disaster relief from the drought in Sri LankaOn 20 February 2017, His Excellency Mr. Nopporn Adchariyavanich, Ambassador of Thailand to Sri Lanka, met with Honourable Mangala Samaraweera, Minister of Foreign Affairs of Sri Lanka, to hand over a cheque at the amount of 8,496,176.72 Sri Lankan rupees (or approximately 2,000,000 baht) which is the donation from the Royal Thai Government as a disaster relief from the upcoming drought in Sri Lanka, particularly the expected shortage of food and water in the next 1-2 months.
Thai Food Cooking Class with Romanian Wine TastingOn 10 February 2017, the Royal Thai Embassy in Bucharest in collaboration with the Chamber of Commerce of Prahova co-organized "Thai Food Cooking Class with Romanian Wine Tasting" at Athenee Palace Hilton hotel. In the event, there was a Thai food demonstration and a display of Thai food products in order to promote Thai food products in Romania. The event was attended by over 100 people including HRH Princess Maria of Romania, members of diplomatic corps and spouses, dignitaries from Romanian government authorities, private sector, and local media.
Press ReleasesView All
- News reports on the concerns about Dhammakaya Temple raised by Global Buddhist Leaders during the 78th Meeting of Global Youth Buddhists Association in Seoul, Republic of Korea
- Comments on the Amnesty International’s report on the State of the World’s Human Rights 2016 – 2017
- Ministry of Foreign Affairs highlights Thailand’s economic potential with APEC Business Advisory Council
- The Government of India announced conferment of the Padma Bhushan Award on Her Royal Highness Princess Maha Chakri Sirindhorn
- The 6th Thailand – Vietnam Political Consultation Group Meeting
- The Investigation of Dhammakaya Temple
- The visit to Thailand of Permanent Representatives to the Organization of Islamic Cooperation (OIC)
- Statement of the Royal Thai Government on the Ballistic Missile Test Conducted by the Democratic People’s Republic of Korea on 12 February 2017
- High-Level Foreign Policy and Global Health Initiative Retreat
- President of the Japan Foundation and the Japan Foundation Asia Center Advisory Committee Paid a Courtesy Call on the Minister of Foreign Affairs