Top StoriesView All
- The Invitation for the Ascension of the Heir to the Throne
- H.R.H. Crown Prince Tupoutoʻa ʻUlukalala of Tonga paid respects to His Majesty King Bhumibol Adulyadej
- Prime Minister of the Republic of India laid a wreath to honor and paid respects to His Majesty King Bhumibol Adulyadej
- President of the Philippines laid a wreath to honor and paid respects to His Majesty King Bhumibol Adulyadej
Social & Cultural NewsView All
Manasvi Srisodapol, Ambassador of the Kingdom of Thailand presided over the Buddhist merit making ceremony at the Embassy to pay tribute to His Majesty King Bhumibol Adulyadej on the occasion of the 50-day mourning period.On 3 December 2016, Mr. Manasvi Srisodapol, Ambassador of the Kingdom of Thailand presided over the Buddhist merit making ceremony at the Embassy to pay tribute to His Majesty King Bhumibol Adulyadej on the occasion of the 50-day mourning period.The Embassy invited 6 monks from Germany, led by Pra Bhodhikhunvites from Wat Buddhavihara Temple. Over 100 participants who are officials and staff of the Embassy, Thai community and their families, owners of Thai businesses and Friends of Thailand attended the ceremony.
A ceremony to mark the 50th day of the passing away of His Majesty King Bhumibol AdulyadejOn 2 December 2016, the Royal Thai Embassy and Thai community in Qatar organized a ceremony including prayer and meditation to mark the 50th day of the passing away of His Majesty King Bhumibol Adulyadej. His Excellency Mr. Soonthorn Chaiyindeepum, Ambassador of Thailand, delivered a tribute speech to the late King. Then, royal remarks of the late His Majesty King Bhumibol Adulyadej about “Sufficiency Economy Philosophy” given on 4 December 1998 and the speech on “The King in Memory” were screened to inspire Thai community in Qatar to learn and follow the path the late His Majesty King Bhumibol Adulyadej had lived His life.
Buddhist Ceremony to Pay Tribute to His Majesty King Bhumibol Adulyadej in the Czech RepublicHis Excellency Mr. Narong Sasitorn, Ambassador of Thailand to the Czech Republic, presided over the Buddhist merit making ceremony, organized by the Royal Thai Embassy in Prague and the Thai Temple in Prague (Wat Dhammakittiwong) on 1 December 2016 at the temple, to pay tribute to His Majesty King Bhumibol Adulyadej on the occasion of the 50-day mourning period. The ceremony was conducted by Pra Bhodhikhunvites and Thai monks. The ceremony was also participated by the spouse of Ambassador, diplomats and staff of Team Thailand and more than 50 Thais residing in the Czech Republic.
Buddhist merit making on 50th day of the death of King Rama 9On Thursday, 1 December 2016, the Royal Thai Consulate-General, Kota Bharu organized a Buddhist merit making function at the Consulate-General to dedicate the merit to the late beloved King Bhumibol Adulyadej. About 150 people attended the ceremony, comprising the Thai citizens, Malaysians of Thai origin (Siam), and Malaysians of Chinese origin.
Press ReleasesView All
- 2016 World Soil Day event at the United Nations Headquarters in New York
- The 24th APEC Economic Leaders’ Meeting
- English Training Courses for Personnel of the Royal Thai Armed Forces to Participate in United Nations Peacekeeping Operations
- Announcement of the Prince Mahidol Laureates 2016
- Prime Minister sent a congratulatory message to the President – elect of the United States, Mr. Donald J. Trump
- 24th APEC Economic Leaders’ Meeting (AELM) and 28th APEC Ministerial Meeting (AMM) in Lima, Republic of Peru
- U.S. Presidential Election 2016
- The Offering of the Royal Kathin Robe Ceremony at Border Area Ethnic Youths Development Parahita Missionary Monastery, Khit Aye Village, Nay Pyi Taw, the Republic of the Union of Myanmar
- Assistant Secretary of State for East Asian and Pacific Affairs pays a courtesy call on the Minister of Foreign Affairs of Thailand
- Governor of Saitama Prefecture, Japan, pays a courtesy call on the Minister of Foreign Affairs