Top StoriesView All
- ASEAN-China cooperation moves forward at the 8th ASEAN-China SOM
- The Offering of the Royal Kathin Robe in Xishuangbanna Dai Autonomous Prefecture, Yunnan Province, People's Republic of China
- The United Nations Day Events
- The Offering of the Royal Kathin Robe in Ladakh, Jammu-Kashmir, Republic of India
In FocusView All
ASEAN Day Reception in CopenhagenOn 25 September 2014, the Royal Thai Embassy in Copenhagen in collaboration with the Embassy of Indonesia, the Embassy of the Philippines and the Embassy of Viet Nam organized the ASEAN Day Reception at the Asia House in Copenhagen to commemorate the 47th anniversary of the establishment of ASEAN as well as to raise profile and awareness of ASEAN in Denmark.
The Offering of the Royal Kathin Robe in Xishuangbanna Dai Autonomous Prefecture, Yunnan Province, People's Republic of ChinaOn 22 October 2014, H.E. Mr. Sakthip Krairiksh, Member of the National Legislative Assembly, former Permanent Secretary of the Ministry of Tourism and Sports and former Ambassador of Thailand to several countries, presided over the Royal Kathin Robe Offering Ceremony, graciously bestowed by His Majesty the King through the Ministry of Foreign Affairs, to the congregation of monks at Man Zai Long Temple, Xishuangbanna Dai Autonomous Prefecture, the People’s Republic of China.
Royal Thai Embassy in Moscow promotes studying of Thai students in medicine in RussiaOn 22 and 24 September 2014, the Royal Thai Embassy in Moscow organized a project aiming to help Thai students getting necessary information in medical studies and enhancing their knowledge and opportunities in their future profession.
Thailand and Myanmar joined hands in merit making ceremonyOn 18 October 2014, Royal Thai Embassy joined hands with the Myanmar Red Cross Society (MRCS) and the Royal Ace Trading Co., Ltd. in organizing the Kathin Ceremony at Mettawadi Monastery in Yangon.H.E. Mr. PisanuSuvanajata, Ambassador of Thailand, and Madame, Prof. Dr. ThaHlaShwe, President of MRCS, were also present.
The Royal Thai Consulate-General and the Hong Kong-Thailand Business Council co-organised the Panel Discussion on the “ASEAN – Hong Kong Free Trade Agreement: Challenges and Opportunities”On 15 September, 2014, the Royal Thai Consulate-General and the Hong Kong-Thailand Business Council co-organised the Panel Discussion on the “ASEAN – Hong Kong Free Trade Agreement: Challenges and Opportunities” at the Hong Kong Club.
The visit of Thai business delegation under Latin Link Project and the First Bilateral Consultations between Thailand and ColombiaBetween 1-4 October 2014 Mr.Songsak Saichuea, Director General of Department of American and South Pacific Affairs led a delegation, consisting of high representatives from private entities ; Thai Chamber of Commerce and the Federations of Thai industries, Bangkok Bank, PTT Public Company Limited, Interfocus Thailand Company Limited company and Pacific Fish Processing Company Limited, to visit Bogota , Republic of Colombia as part of the Latin Link Project.
Press ReleasesView All
- Thailand elected as International Telecommunication Union Council Member (ITU Council) for the 9th Consecutive Term
- Thailand to host the 8th ASEAN-China Senior Officials’ Meeting on the Implementation of the Declaration on the Conduct of Parties in the South China Sea
- Director-General of the Department of International Economic Affairs attended the World Investment Forum 2014
- Statement by H.E. Mr. Don Pramudwinai Deputy Minister of Foreign Affairs of Thailand 14th Meeting of the Council of Ministers Indian Ocean Rim Association (IORA) 9 October 2014 Perth, Australia
- Thailand’s participation at the 7th Bali Democracy Forum
- ASEAN Regional Forum (ARF) Training Course on Preventive Diplomacy
- Expert Consultation Workshop on Agri-Food for Better Health:From Seed Industry to Nutritional Security
- Outcome of the 2nd Thailand-India Joint Working Group Meeting on Connectivity and Infrastructure
- Special Briefing on Nuclear Non-Proliferation and Disarmament by Professor the Honourable Gareth Evans, former Foreign Minister of Australia, and Professor Ramesh Thakur, former United Nations Assistant Secretary-General
- Ambassador of the Kingdom of Morocco to Thailand called on the Deputy Minister of Foreign Affairs
Social & Cultural NewsView All
Deputy Consul-General, participated in the School of Modern Languages and Cultures’ Award Ceremony 2014, at the University of Hong KongOn 29th October, 2014, Ms. Benjamas Tanvetyanont, Deputy Consul-General, participated in the School of Modern Languages and Cultures’ Award Ceremony 2014, at the University of Hong Kong, together with Ms. Pratana Udommongkolkul, Consul.
The representative of the Royal Thai Embassy, Canberra, attended the Offering the Kathina Ceremony at Wat Buddharangsee, Annandale, NSW.On 26 October 2014 at 12.15 p.m., Mr. Vasin Ruangprateepsaeng, Minister of Royal Thai Embassy in Canberra, Captain Apichai Sompolgrunk, RTN, Naval Attaché and Assistant Defence A ttaché, officials of Consul General of Thailand in Sydney, and Team Thailand in Sydney and families attended the Offering the Kathina Ceremony at Wat Buddharangsee, Annandale.
Chargé d'Affaires a.i. of the Royal Thai Embassy in Sweden attended a ceremony at Chulalongkorn’s Memorial Pavilion in Ragunda to mark King Chulalongkorn DayOn 23 October 2014, Mr. Pichit Boonsud, Chargé d'Affaires a.i. of the Royal Thai Embassy in Sweden, and the Embassy’s officials attended a merit-making ceremony at Chulalongkorn’s Memorial Pavilion in Ragunda to commemorate King Chulalongkorn Day. Mrs. Terese Bengard, Mayor of Ragunda, Thai community in Sweden and Swedish people also attended the ceremony.
Ambassador of the Royal Thai Embassy Canberra attended Australian Thailand Networking dinnerOn 21 October 2014 at 06.00 p.m., H.E. Mr. Maris Sangiampongsa, Ambassador of the Royal Thai Embassy, Canberra, and Ms. Venus Asawapoom, Second Secretary, attended Australian Thailand Networking dinner which is a monthly event organized by Mr. Richard D. Lovell, General Manger, CP Australia, New Zealand & Pacific Islands company, to create networks among private and public sectors.
Ambassador of the Royal Thai Embassy Cenberra and a team submitted documents to Victorian Curriculum and Assessment Authority (VCAA)On 21 October 2014 at 02.30 p.m., H.E. Mr. Maris Sangiampongsa, Ambassador of the Royal Thai Embassy, Canberra, and a team submitted documents to Victorian Curriculum and Assessment Authority (VCAA) to consider a Thai language as part of Year 11 and 12 education in Victoria.