Top StoriesView All
- Prime Minister Chairs the Group of 77 and China 40th Ministerial Meeting at the United Nations
- Statement of Prime Minister of the Kingdom of Thailand at the General Debate of the 71st Session of the United Nations General Assembly
- Minister of Foreign Affairs launched a Special Panel Discussion on Regional Dimensions of Promoting Sustainable Development: Developing Complementarities Between the 2030 Agenda for Sustainable Development and the ASEAN Community Vision 2025 and attended the Special Session of ASEAN Foreign Ministers’ Meeting focusing on Sustainable Development
- Minister of Foreign Affairs of Thailand attended the Organization for Islamic Cooperation Annual Coordination Meeting of Foreign Ministers
Press ReleasesView All
- Statement By Minister of Foreign Affairs of Thailand at the OIC Annual Coordination Meeting of Foreign Ministers
- Thailand to host the 2nd Asia Cooperation Dialogue (ACD) Summit in Bangkok
- Thailand pledged additional assistance to alleviate the plights of displaced persons
- The 3rd ASEAN-EU High Level Dialogue on Maritime Security Cooperation
- The Foreign Ministry Highlights the Fusion of Asian and Western Values through the Lens of MINT at the 6th MFA CEO Forum
- Thailand's Views on Issues Discussed at the G20 Summit 2016, 4-5 September 2016, Hangzhou, China
- Seminar on Myanmar's Trade and Investment Insight: Keys to Unlocking a Successful Business Endeavor
- Thai Youth Initiative against Drugs 2016 Project
- Thailand acceded to the Optional Protocol to the Convention on the Rights of Persons with Disabilities (OP-CRPD)
- Statement of the Royal Thai Government on the Nuclear Test by the Democratic People’s Republic of Korea on 9 September 2016
In FocusView All
Social & Cultural NewsView All
Consul-General Dusit Manapan hosted a dinner for members of the Thai Students’ Association in Japan under the Royal Patronage (TSAJ) in KansaiOn 23 September 2016, Consul-General Dusit Manapan hosted a dinner for 16 members of the Thai Students’ Association in Japan under the Royal Patronage (TSAJ) in Kansai at the Consul-General’s residence to strengthen the network of the Thai students’ community in Kansai. In this occasion, the Royal Thai Consulate-General in Osaka donated the amount of 100,000 yen to TSAJ in Kansai through Mr. Wasin Kalintha, Vice President of TSAJ, to support TSAJ in carrying out academic and recreational activities to create opportunities for its members to exchange their knowledge and experience and to forge better understanding and unity among Thai students who study in Japan, as well as between Thai and Japanese students and Japanese people in general.
The Meeting of Ambassadors and Consul-General of Thailand to Africa 2016On 11 September 2016, Department of South Asian, Middle East and African Affairs, Ministry of Foreign Affairs, Thailand International Cooperation Agency (TICA), Department of Consular Affairs, and Office of Policy and Planning jointly organised the Meeting of Ambassadors and Consul-General of Thailand to Africa 2016 in Cape Town, South Africa. The Meeting was presided over by H.E. Mr. Chaisiri Anamarn, Advisor to the Minister of Foreign Affairs of Thailand, and was chaired by Mr. Panyarak Poolthup, Deputy Permanent Secretary of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs. The Meeting was attended by Thai Ambassadors and Consul-General from 8 countries in Africa namely Egypt, Nigeria, South Africa, Kenya, Morocco, Senegal, Mozambique and Madagascar, as well as representatives from Royal Thai Embassies in France and Italy which oversees Algeria and Libya respectively.
The 60th Session of the General Conference of the International Atomic Energy AgencyThe International Atomic Energy Agency (IAEA) held the 60th Session of its General Conference from 26-30 September 2016 at the Vienna International Centre. The Thai delegation, led by H.E. Mr. Arthayudh Srisamoot, Ambassador and Permanent Representative of Thailand to the United Nations and other International Organizations in Vienna, participated in the Conference. The Thai delegation also included representatives from the Office of Atoms for Peace of Thailand, Thailand Institute of Nuclear Technology, and Ministry of Industry. On 27 September 2016, Ambassador Srisamoot delivered Thailand’s national statement at the General Debate of the Conference. Thailand reaffirmed its continued support to the work of the IAEA in the areas of nuclear safety, security, safeguards, as well as technical cooperation relating to the peaceful applications of nuclear technology. Thailand informed the Conference of its efforts and actions on those related matters at the national, regional and international levels. In addition, Thailand also stressed its commitment to constructive cooperation with the IAEA, and expressed its readiness to continue to provide training in the areas of its expertise to neighbouring countries and other countries in the Asia and the Pacific region at the request of the IAEA. Furthermore, on 26 September 2016 at 14.00 hours, Ambassador Srisamoot presided over the opening of Thailand’s exhibition held at the sidelines of the Conference. The exhibition, organized by Thailand Institute of Nuclear Technology, was entitled “55th Anniversary of Thailand and IAEA Relations”. It highlighted the evolution of the cooperation between Thailand and the IAEA in related areas such as radiopharmaceuticals, mutation plant breeding and water resource management, helping promote Thailand’s social and economic development. The exhibition also identified the areas of cooperation where Thailand wishes to further enhance its cooperation with the IAEA and other interested partners such as in the fields of agriculture, public health, and industrial applications.
the Royal Thai Embassy in Pretoria arranged a mobile consular service in DurbanOn 25 September 2016, the Royal Thai Embassy in Pretoria arranged a mobile consular service in Durban, Republic of South Africa, to deliver consular services such as passport application, legalisation, birth registration and general consultation to Thai nationals residing in Durban.
The 1st Technical Discussion for the Cooperation and Facilitation Investment Agreement between Thailand and BrazilDuring 20 – 21 September 2016, H.E. Mr. Pitchayaphant Charnbhumidol, Thai Ambassador to Brazil, led officials from the Department of International Economic Affairs, Ministry of Foreign Affairs of Thailand to discuss with the Brazilian side a draft agreement on the Cooperation and Facilitation Investment between Thailand and Brazil at the Itamaraty Palace, Brasilia. Minister Norberto Moretti, Director of Financial Affairs and Trade in Services of Ministry of External Affairs was the head of the Brazilian delegation, which was composed of representatives from Ministry of Industry, Foreign Trade and Services, Ministry of Finance, Ministry of External Affairs and Foreign Trade Ministerial Committee (CAMEX). Both sides exchanged views and information on bilateral investment and cooperation agreement. The 1st technical discussion was constructive and hopefully would help strengthen closer cooperation on Trade and Investment between Thailand and Brazil. The Brazilian side has proposed the Cooperation and Facilitation Investment Agreement or CFIA for consideration of Thai side since April 2016. The Government of Brazil aims to promote trade and investment with various Asian countries, including Thailand.