Top StoriesView All
- AICHR Workshop on the Sharing of Experience on Universal Periodic Review Process among ASEAN Member states 19 September 2014, Bangkok Thailand
- The 8th Thailand – Israel Working Group Dialogue and the Signing Ceremony for Memorandum of Understanding on Development Cooperation Program
- Thailand donates Thai rice worth 5 million baht through the World Health Organisation to help the peoples facing food shortage crisis in the countries affected by Ebola virus disease epidemic in West Africa
- Permanent Secretary attended the 29th ASEAN-Japan Forum
In FocusView All
Visit of Ambassador of Thailand to Sao Paulo and Curitiba, ParanaDuring 31 August – 6 September 2014, H.E. Mr. Pitchayaphat Charnbhumidol, Ambassador of Thailand to Brazil, together with Ms. Ajarin Pattanapanchai, a senior Executive Investment Advisor of Board of Investment of Thailand and Mr. Khamhaeng Klasukhon, Director of Thai Trade Center in Sao Paulo, Board of Investment Officers and the Embassy secretary visited Sao Paulo and Curitiba, Parana with an aim to strengthen and promote business relations and opportunities between Thailand and Parana as well as those between ASEAN and Latin America.
Thailand and Brazil Increased Cooperation to Combat Transnational Drug TraffickingOn 10 September 2014, H.E. Mr. Pitchayaphant Charnbhumidol, Ambassador of Thailand to Brazil together with a delegation from Thai Narcotics Suppression Bureau, led by Police Lieutenant General Surapol Thuanthong, Commissioner of Narcotics Suppression Bureau and representatives from United States Drugs Enforcement Administration (DEA) had a meeting with Dr. Antonio Wagner Goncalves Castilho, Head of Federal Police at the International Airport of Sao Paulo, to discuss and exchanges views on problems of drugs trafficking operated by foreigners, particularly Thais who have been lured into this operation, as well as to find ways and means to prevent it.
Royal Thai Consulate-General in Kota Bharu Welcomes Delegation from Office of the Narcotics Control Board (ONCB)On 11 September 2014, the Royal Thai Consulate-General in Kota Bharu welcomed the delegation of the Office of the Narcotics Control Board (ONCB) and the Thai press who were visiting the southern border provinces of Thailand and the state of Kelantan to follow up on the issue of drug control during 2014.
Thai Ambassador to Sri Lanka paid a courtesy call on Secretary-General of the Chaipattana FoundationOn 27 August 2014, H.E. Mr. Nopporn Adchariyavanich, Thai Ambassador to Sri Lanka paid a courtesy call on Mr. Sumet Tantivejkul, Secretary-General of the Chaipattana Foundation, at the Foundation’s office in Bangkok. ฺ
Ambassador of Thailand to Argentina visited Neuquén as part of the Embassy’s Economic Promotion Project with Neuquén ProvinceOn 1 - 5 September 2014, H.E. Mr. Medha Promthep, Ambassador of Thailand to Argentina, visited Neuquén as part of the Embassy’s Economic Promotion Project with Neuquén Province aiming at exploring trade and investment opportunities between Thailand and Neuquén Province.
The Official Visit to Papua New GuineaDuring 29 August – 3 September 2014, H.E. Mr. Maris Sangiampongsa, Thai Ambassador to the Papua New Guinea, with residence in Canberra, Australia, together with Dr. Vanida Khumnirdpetch, Minister Counsellor, Agricultural Affairs, Ms. Suratchaya Palawongse, First Secretary, and Mr. Thanabordee Joothong, First Secretary, paid an official visit to Papua New Guinea.
Press ReleasesView All
- Message of condolences from Deputy Prime Minister/Minister of Foreign Affairs on the death of two British nationals on Koh Tao
- Thailand organizes a training program on humanitarian mine action for Myanmar officials
- Country Statement by Deputy Permanent Secretary Manasvi Srisodapol at the 3rd International Conference on SIDS
- High Level Forum on Asia Cooperation Dialogue (ACD) Regional Connectivity 4 September 2014, Centara Grand at Central World, Bangkok
- Thailand contributes humanitarian assistance to UN Flash Appeal for Gaza
- Statement of Ministry of Foreign Affairs of Thailand on gross violation of human rights by extremist groups in Iraq and Syria
- The Third International Conference on Small Island Developing States
- Permanent Secretary Sihasak opens the seminar on "AEC and SMEs Challenges: Next Step (Phase 5)"
- Permanent Secretary presided over the Regional Conference on “The Future of Security in the Asia-Pacific: Emerging Challenges, Promoting Conflict Management and Enhancing Cooperation in Maritime Areas
- Opening Address by Permanent Secretary of Minister of Foreign Affairs at the Regional Conference on Mr. Sihasak Phuangk “The Future of Security in the Asia-Pacific: Emerging Challenges, Promoting Conflict Management and Enhancing Cooperation in Maritime Areas”
Social & Cultural NewsView All
Courtesy Call on Ambassador by Thailand Senior Golfers’ Association under Royal Patronage of H.M. Queen Rambhaibarni of King Rama VIIOn Sunday 17 August 2014, a group of delegation fromThailand Senior Golfers’ Association under Royal Patronage of H.M. Queen Rambhaibarni of King Rama VII, led by Mr. ChadejMusigavong, President, paid a courtesy call on H.E. Mr. MarutJitpatima, Ambassador of Thailand to Singapore, at Ambassador’s Residence.
The Royal Thai Consulate-General, Hong Kong organized the activities on Hong Kong Tram in order to promote Thailand among the Hong Kong touristsOn 14 September 2014, Mr. Aroon Jivasakapimas, Consul-General, Ms. Benjamas Tanvetyanont, Deputy Consul-General, the Royal Thai Consulate-General in Hong Kong, Mrs. Titiporn Manenate, Director of Thailand Tourism Authority Office (TAT) in Hong Kong, Ms. Nonthakorn Trakulpa, General Manager of Thai Airways International to Hong Kong and Macau, Mr. Nitikorn Komkris, Sales Manager of Bangkok Airways to Hong Kong and China, organized the activities on Hong Kong Tram in order to promote Thailand among the Hong Kong tourists as well as invite them to visit the Thai Festival 2014 in Hong Kong
Royal Thai Embassy, Colombo organized Sri Lanka-Thailand: Two Nations, One Family Photographic Exhibition in KandyRoyal Thai Embassy, Colombo, in collaboration with Kandy City Centre, Buddhist Channel and Thai Airways Sri Lanka, held a photographic exhibition entitled “Sri Lanka- Thailand: Two Nations, One Family” on 11-14 September 2014 at Kandy City Centre (KCC), Kandy.
Thailand supports capacity building for MyanmarThe Royal Thai Embassy in Yangon, in collaboration with Dale Carnegie Training Thailand,organized the training course on “High Impact Presentations” during 8-12 September 2014 for the middle-level management ofMyanmar government officials and staff of Myanmar’s non-profit organizations.
Udon Thani Deputy Governor led a delegation of officials and tourism operators to pay courtesy call on Ambassador to Singapore during their meeting with Singaporean tourism business operatorsOn 11 September 2014 at 14.00 hrs., Mr. Narong Pollaiad, Deputy Provincial Governor of Udon Thani, led a delegation comprising officials and tourism operators from Udon Thani province to pay a courtesy call on Mr. Marut Jitpatima, Ambassador of Thailand to Singapore at the Royal Thai Embassy, during their visit to discuss tourism promotion strategies with Singapore’s tourism operators.