Summary of Weekly Press Briefing
Wednesday, 8 March 2023 at 15:00 hours
Department of Information Meeting Room, MFA and via MFA Facebook Live
- International Women’s Day 2023
- MFA joins the UN in the celebration of International Women’s Day 2023 under the theme #EmbraceEquity to promote gender equity and equality, as well as women’s digital inclusion. On this occasion, DPM/FM Don has sent out a message commending the outstanding acheivements of women and girls around the world, highlighting their roles in building more just and inclusive societies.
- DG of Int’l Org Department and DG of Info Department/MFA Spokesperson also participate in a mentorship program to offer experiences of diplomatic engagement to two winners of the 3rd Ambassador for a Day organized by the UN and Group of Women Ambassadors in Thailand.
- MFA proudly presents a special interview series, which will embark viewers on a journey into the inspiring stories of key Thai female representatives in international organizations. The first episode (in Thai language) is now available on Youtube MFA Thailand channel and MFA Facebook, and subsequent episodes will be later released.
- Thai-Saudi MOU on the Visa Exemption for Diplomatic, Special, and Official Passports (8 Mar 2023)
- VFM Vijavat Isarabhakdi and H.E. Mr. Waleed Abdulkarim El Khereji, Vice Minister of Foreign Affairs of Saudi Arabia, signed the MOU on the Visa Exemption for Diplomatic, Special and Official Passports to promote interactions and access to opportunities for collaborations, discussions and meetings for the benefits of the peoples. The ceremony was witnessed by DPM/FM.
- Vice Minister of Foreign Affairs of Saudi Arabia is also on an official visit to Thailand during 7 - 9 Mar 2023. Both sides discussed ways to advance bilateral cooperation in all aspects.
- Highlights of bilateral discussions (27 Feb – 7 Mar 2023)
- Last week, a number of foreign dignitaries called on DPM/FM. The gist is as follows:
- GERMANY (H.E. Mr. Tobias Lindner, Minister of State, Federal Foreign Office of Germany). Both exchanged views on regional issues as well as discussed Thai-German bilateral relations, notably investment and transfer of green technology. (3 Mar 2023)
- LUXEMBOURG (H.E. Mr. Patrick Hemmer, Ambassador of Luxembourg to Thailand). Both sides discussed cooperation in economic development, trade/investment, logistics, financial technology, digitalization, space and official development assistance to third countries. (3 Mar 2023)
- INDIA (H.E. Mr. Nagesh Singh, Ambassador of India to Thailand). Both sides discussed ways to elevate partnership, promote cooperation on trade/investment, education, cultural, and development cooperation on Northeastern region of India. (3 Mar 2023)
- BRUNEI (H.E. Mr. Haji Ismail bin Haji Abd Manap, Ambassador of Brunei to Thailand). Both sides reflected upon their bilateral relations and reaffirmed commitments to enhance overall cooperation. (3 Mar 2023)
- BAHRAIN (Dr. Shaikh Abdulla bin Ahmed bin Abdulla Al Khalifa, Undersecretary for Political Affairs). Both sides exchanged views on bilateral relations and cooperation. (7 Mar 2023)
- 12th Thai-Norwegian Bilateral Consultations (3 Mar 2023)
- VFM Vijavat, together with H.E. Mr. Erling Rimestad, State Secretary of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of Norway, co-chaired the 12th Thai - Norwegian Bilateral Consultations at the MFA. Both sides discussed ways to advance bilateral cooperation in clean energy, academic research, trade and investment, as well as FTA negotiations between Thailand and the European Free Trade Association. The 11th session of Thai - Norwegian Bilateral Consultations was held in Oslo in 2015.
- E-book “Diplomacy for All” now available
- To encourage awareness and knowledge on diplomacy, MFA has recently published an e-book titled “Diplomacy for All,” which is a collection of selected MFA Blockdit articles from the past year. The online journal covers various topics from the roles of Thai diplomats to Thailand’s cultural diplomacy.
- For more information, please visit: https://bit.ly/3yqMYlC. You may also follow MFAThai Blockdit at https://bit.ly/3YqlnMh.
Weekly Press Briefing: https://fb.watch/j89gev3ed-/
* * * * *
Department of Information