วันที่นำเข้าข้อมูล 30 Nov 2022
วันที่ปรับปรุงข้อมูล 30 Nov 2022
During 17- 19 November 2022, His Royal Highness Prince Mohammed bin Salman bin Abdulaziz Al Saud, Crown Prince and Prime Minister of the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia, paid an official visit to the Kingdom of Thailand, marking the first visit to Thailand of the Saudi Royal Family and leaders following the Thai Prime Minister’s official visit to Saudi Arabia after the full normalisation of diplomatic relations between the two countries.
On this occasion, on 18 November 2022, Their Majesties the King and Queen, with Her Royal Highness Princess Sirivannavari Nariratana Rajakanya received His Royal Highness Prince Mohammed bin Salman bin Abdulaziz Al Saud at the Chakri Maha Prasat Throne Hall, which represented a historic event as it was the first meeting between the Royal Families of the two Kingdoms.
During the official visit to Thailand, His Royal Highness Prince Mohammed bin Salman bin Abdulaziz Al Saud participated in the Asia-Pacific Economic Cooperation (APEC) Forum as Guest of the Chair, reflecting Thailand’s sincerity to further advance cooperation with Saudi Arabia at bilateral and multilateral levels, as well as Saudi Arabia’s attentiveness to play a constructive role in the Asia-Pacific region by having Thailand as its partnership. On this occasion, His Royal Highness the Crown Prince and the Prime Minister delivered a speech under the theme “Sustainable Growth” at the APEC Leaders’ Informal Dialogue with Guests, as well as, held bilateral meetings with leaders in the region.
His Excellency General Prayut Chan-ocha (Ret.), Prime Minister officially welcomed His Royal Highness the Crown Prince and the Prime Minister at the Government House of Thailand, where both sides reiterated their determination to strengthen cooperation in all dimensions, both bilateral and multilateral levels. During the plenary meeting, the two leaders discussed ways and means to enhance cooperation in the potential fields, especially in the field of politics and security, economics and investment, science and research, and Hajj and Islamic affairs, as well as, to advance the joint cooperation of the Middle East and South East Asia region amidst the ongoing global economic challenges after the COVID-19 pandemic.
After the plenary meeting, both leaders witnessed the exchange of five bilateral agreements and memoranda of understanding namely;
(1) Memorandum of Understanding of the Establishment of the Saudi - Thai Coordination Council,
(2) Memorandum of Understanding between the Kingdom of Thailand and Kingdom of Saudi Arabia Concerning Cooperation on Promotion of Direct Investment,
(3) Memorandum of Understanding between the Ministry of Energy of the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia and the Ministry of Energy of the Kingdom of Thailand in the field of energy,
(4) Memorandum of Understanding on Cooperation in the Field of Tourism between the Ministry of Tourism and Sports of the Kingdom of Thailand and the Ministry of Tourism of the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia, and
(5) Memorandum of Understanding between the Oversight and Anti-Corruption Authority of the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia and the Office of the National Anti-Corruption Commission of the Kingdom of Thailand.
Furthermore, on 19 November 2022, His Royal Highness the Crown Prince and the Prime Minister graciously granted an audience to His Excellency Mr. Pornpetch Wichitcholchai, President of the Senate, and representatives of the Sheikhul Islam of Thailand. Besides, executives of the Kasetsart University were granted an audience to confer an Honorary Doctorate Degree in Knowledge of the Land for Sustainable Development upon His Royal Highness Prince Mohammed bin Salman bin Abdulaziz Al Saud.
Office Hours : Monday - Friday, 08.30 - 16.30
(Except public and offcial holidays)
This website had been designed to be as accessible as possible to all and is certified by the WCAG 2.0 standard (Level AA)
** Best viewed with Chrome Version 76 up **